WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE YOU SCHEDULE
- Evaluate if you are a candidate for the program by answering the questions below.
- Our complimentary evaluation does not review medical records or offer treatment until your New Patient Appointment. We offer one consultation per person.
- Metamorphosis MD is out-of-network and does not accept insurance. Patients with insurance can submit for reimbursement after each visit. Medicare or Medicaid (even if it is secondary) cannot submit for reimbursement. Please check our Costs & Insurance page for more details.
- We see patients ages 18 years-old and up.
- Metamorphosis MD is a good fit for patients who are engaged in their care. If you are scheduling for a family member, the prospective patient should be internally motivated. He or she must also be willing and able to communicate their health status to our providers to the best of their knowledge.
- After your consultation, your practitioner may choose to advise you of alternative treatment. Metamorphosis MD holds the right not treat or terminate treatment of any person with eating disorder or extreme obesity, a BMI of ≥ 50. Please consult your physician for a proper treatment plan.
AM I A CANDIDATE FOR THE PROGRAM?
Do you have a body mass index (BMI) of 25 or above?
BMI is a measure of body fat based on weight and height. A BMI of >25 is considered overweight and a BMI of >30 is considered obese. In general, you may be a good candidate for medical weight loss if you have:
- BMI that’s over 25.
- More than 10 pounds to lose.
- Chronic health issues that impair your weight loss
- Not been successful in losing weight in the past or present
Have tried to lose weight on your own and failed, or gained it back?
If you’ve tried to change your eating habits in the past or have lost weight, only to gain it back, you are a good candidate for medical weight loss.
DO You Have more than 10 pounds to lose?
Medically supervised programs are most valuable for people who desire to lose at least 5% or more of their total body weight. Losing more than 20 pounds requires over 3 months, typically.
Are ready to make permanent changes?
Ideal candidates for medical weight loss are committed to adopting healthier habits and making permanent changes to their lifestyle to promote long-term weight loss.
If you have said YES to all of the above, Metamorphosis MD may be a good fit for you.
We cannot review medical records or offer treatment until your New Patient Appointment. We offer one consultation per person.
Step 1: SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
Fill out our request form for a new patient appointment. Depending on where you live and type of treatment, our team will suggest the practitioner that is right for your needs to conduct your consultation.
Step 2: PREPARE FOR YOUR VISIT
Patient forms can be downloaded ahead of time in preparation for your initial consultation. As part of the intake process, we will ask you to prepare a 3-4 day diet log and gather lab-work and pertinent information like previous labs and diagnoses from your physicians.
Step 3: INITIAL CONSULTATION
You will meet with your practitioner for up to 60 minutes for an in-depth interview, an assessment of your medical and weight history, and plan. Your practitioner will make recommendations based on findings and provide you with a consultation to take control of your weight and improve your lifestyle. There is no obligation after this time. You decide if the plan is right for you and engage in our ongoing program, or discuss your consult with your personal medical provider.
NOTE: We cannot review medical records or offer treatment until your New Patient Appointment and only prescribe medications for those engaged in our 3 month and longer programs.
Please note that your initial consultation, and our other plans, must be secured by credit card, and will be charged upon receipt.
All cancellations submitted less than 1 business day (24 hours) prior to scheduled appointment will be charged a non-refundable $50 fee. No shows will be charged the full amount of the service, which is non-refundable and non-applicable towards future services. Existing clients will have a visit deducted from their base plan if an appointment is cancelled within 24 hours of appointment time unless otherwise decided by your practitioner. Cancellation and reschedule requests will only be accepted via the online request form. Monday appointments must be cancelled by 5pm on the prior Friday to meet the 24 hour cancellation requirement.
Need to cancel or reschedule an appointment? Please contact us at your earliest convenience or click below.
MEDICATION AND AFTER HOURS POLICY
All medication refills requests must occur at the time of visit or via the ONLINE MEDICATION REQUEST FORM only. No replacement given for lost medication.
As we do not provide ANY urgent care, we do not have an on-call practitioner at any time.
Our online contact forms, emails, and phone numbers are not regularly monitored and MetaMorphosis MD and its providers are NOT responsible for accept any emergency information or requests left by these methods.
ALL emergent issues and urgent medical questions are to be immediately directed to your nearest medical facility or by calling 911. We kindly request that non-urgent or routine follow up questions be scheduled for a visit during WEEKDAY business hours only, Monday through Friday, through your provider’s preferred contact platform.
STAY IN THE KNOW
GET THE LATEST NEWS, UPDATES & SPECIAL OFFERS DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX
Weight Loss. Customized, Medical, Progressive.
SIgn up for the the latest news, updates & special offers:
© 2022 METAMORPHOSIS MD | Medical Weight Loss Physician in Wilmington, DE | P. O. Box 421, Rockland DE 19732 USA
Proudly serving the people of Delaware: Greenville, Wilmington, Newark, Claymont, Hockessin, Pikecreek, Elsmere, Newport, New Castle, Bear, and Middletown.